Top Social

Hair Trip

Monday, August 27, 2012
Starting out with two decent photos of me...



Because of this fugly one hahaha:


So I went down to Salon Vim last week to touch up my roots, re-dye over my dip dye & get treatment done! I liked my dip-dye (Xiaxue hates it haha) but I had to get rid of it for a photoshoot (Canon printer ad, spot me at Somerset MRT hahaha) so I just stuck with it. The bottom is perpetually a little bit lighter than the rest of my hair.

I had quite ugly hair while in Bangkok & Korea.
Like dark hair roots showing & overgrown fringe.
Spoils my pictures >:(


Chart of treatment types for all hair problems!

This time they went for "Over-Processed Hair" for me hahaha.

I actually permed my hair this year (which was totally not visible -_-) & then dip-dyed (not to mention the regular colouring) it so yeah... guess I qualify!

Serum & treatment to reconstruct & restore my hair!

Tell the stylists what kind of hair problems you have so they can best advise you which to get!

Done!

Hair salons always work some kind of magic wtf. Hair never looks like this any other time.
And I don't just mean the (obviously) curled ends!

They also gave me a hair serum to use at home!
I've been applying this daily before I go out.

It can be applied on dry/damp hair so I usually do it after washing my hair cause I can't be arsed to blow-dry it anyway so luckily that's not necessary O.O It's not oily at all despite smelling very rich!

My hair has improved a lot since my dip-dye days hahaha.
I had never done hair treatments before Salon Vim & now I think it's pretty important!

Other than salon visits you really need to be diligent in taking care of your hair at home (daily conditioning & weekly hair mask). I'm damn lazy but the rare times I do use a hair mask I think it makes a difference & really helps!

This is my stylist, Stephanie! You can look for her if you go!

Shopped (yes alone) then went home & took more pictures!
A lot of pictures...
:S


I like this picture!
(Which means you may start seeing it as my display picture LOL)



Can you see the slight colour difference? 
My bottoms were bleached so they have to dye it a different tone to counter it!
The greenish hue washes out in a few days & goes back to brown :D




Side pony!
By this point my curls have lost some of their shape.
You may have spotted the F21 shopping bag in the background on my bed haha.

P.S. My hair isn't super sleek or whatever cause I'm going more for the "messy" look LOL.





Salon Vim

313 @ Somerset Orchard Road #04-07/08/09

Opening Hours :
Monday to Friday 11am - 9.30pm
Saturday to Sunday 10.30am - 9.30pm

Contact:
68847757
68847767

Quote my name to get 10% off all salon services for your first visit!
Subsequently you can sign on as a Salon Vim member, which will entitle you to 15% for each visit! :)

If you have any questions (price, services.. etc) please try to ask it on their FB page instead because they'll know better than me! :) And hope to see you there! (Actually not really cause I go there never wash hair beforehand - duh - & almost no makeup also hahahaha)
7 comments on "Hair Trip"
  1. ahh pretty!
    i really like your pink lippy in your first two photos too ^^
    Krissy xoxo ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! the color looks very natural on you!

    anyway what's ur lipstick? looks so good o.o revlon one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty sophie! It's a pity you had to get rid of your dip-dye. I kinda like that one on you.



    http://ahintofsunlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm scrutinising the photo of you in the salon chair and thought aloud, "where got fugly?!" hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:41 AM

    I think this is the first time i'm seeing your belly piercing despite following you for more than a year already o_o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:42 AM

    I think this is the first time I'm seeing your belly piercing despite following you for over a year already o_o

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:47 PM

    Haha I bought the top your wearing from the flea you had recently! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete