Top Social

Salon Vim

Tuesday, October 30, 2012
A lot of photos of my face (as usual) since I headed to Salon Vim to colour my hair + style it for the New Paper New Face 2012 finals (which will be in another post LOL)! And this post will also feature the appreciation dinner Salon Vim held for some of us sponsored bloggers :)

Anyway although Salon Vim is located in town (313@Somerset), I usually head down without makeup & apply it at the salon only when my hair is done! So if you see this tall girl walking furtively & quickly up the escalator to the fourth floor, that may be me hahaha.

Studded headband from the flea outside *Scape!
No makeup here but camera blocking most of my face & colour of the photo dulled hahahaha.

Getting my hair colored!
Salon Vim will offer its clients a drink too (they have other drinks other than water) & a biscuit!
I actually really like the biscuit one leh hahaha I'll always eat it!

Post-rinse! 
Didn't have time to do hair treatment that day but my hair still looked good despite just being dyed!

Current makeup pouch from H&M!
I don't usually carry out my eyeshadow palette (black rectangle at the back) because I'm lazy to wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, but I brought it out to wear thicker makeup for the New Face finals!

The PINK case is solid perfume from Etude House :)
I like it cause I can apply perfume on-the-go & it has a mirror!

View of part of the salon!
That steaming thing on the left is part of the hair treatment I usually do.

And... my hair's done!

I wasn't sure what hairstyle to get; I like the big curls/waves that's popular but I figured a lot of girls would be styling their hair that way that night so I opted for super straight & sleek!

There was a time (4 or 5 years ago) when I wanted to get like an oriental doll hairstyle haha. I wanted to cut my hair totally straight (instead of layered like most girls) & have it very sleek. Kind of how it was styled here, just in black instead. But everyone told me not to :(



Very smooth & silky despite not doing treatment!

Love how it maintained its shape & shine the whole night :)

After applying full makeup:


Wah my hair really is rather long.


Omg shit I didn't realise I had SO MANY photos of myself until scrolling through it now
O.O O.O O.O
*blush*
Ok but my hair rarely looks like this so...



Makeup that night!
Basically just kinda... smoky look?
(Not that I have ever done any other looks for myself before anyway hahahah)

Light brown eyeshadow on the inside & dark brown/grey on the outside, with eyeliner extended!

♥ ♥ 

SALON VIM DINNER

Finally got to meet some of the other Salon Vim bloggers! I'm familiar with a few (because they're also from Nuffnang) like Yina, Velda & Beatrice, but I don't usually catch them at the salon & I don't know the other bloggers that Salon Vim sponsors :) #foreveralone #selcaaloneatsalon

So anyway Salon Vim organised the dinner at Roland Seafood Restaurant!
I'm sure all Singaporeans love our popular CHILI CRABS because it's damn yummy!

Well did you know that it was INVENTED AT ROLAND SEAFOOD?

I kind of always just thought the dish... always... just existed haha.
Never knew it was an invention by a local restaurant!
So damn happy we got to eat crab at ~ where it all began ~ *deng deng*

Had some other seafood dishes as well!
Feeling so hungry blogging these pictures... The curse of the Internet.

Very soft & yummy fish!

Sorry I have no idea what the dished are called or what they comprise of at all haha.
I'm so bad at it :x

Prawns! Normally I would be lazy to peel them, but since it would be followed by crab I might as well get my hands dirty earlier on! :D Had quite a few prawns!

We had some other dishes in between but I was lazy to take pictures of them because my food pictures never turn out nice... And I was anticipating the crab dishes!

Finally!

The famous Chili crab!

Mantou to dip in the curry!

Haha destruction after a few minutes.

This was the other crab dish we had, which was Salted Egg Yolk!
I love this variation of crab too; not sure which I would pick if I had to choose between the two!
By this point everyone was quite full so more crab for me to eat hahaha.

You can read the recent reviews of Roland Seafood on Hungrygowhere HERE if you are interested!
It's located beside Parkway Parade (East Coast area).

With Jeneen & Yina after dinner!

Group picture, but some of the bloggers had left by this point!
Check out Evonne's purple-gradient hair :O

Rest of us stayed on & got Yina to sing us a song on the room's karaoke!
Yina actually performs real gigs so she really can sing!


Each blogger is assigned a particular stylist to go back to & liaise with so that he/she will get to know your hair better. All of us here in the photo share the same stylist, which is Stephanie!

Stephanie & I! I mentioned I might wanna try fun hair colours soon lol.
FHL so far all the funky-coloured-hair bloggers are the ones under her haha.

These are some of the articles about Roland Restaurant over the years!

Roland Seafood Restaurant (more details HERE)
89 Marine Parade Central
#06-750

Contact: 6440-8205
Last order at 10.30pm daily!

♥ ♥ 

Salon Vim (Facebook page)
313 @ Somerset Orchard Road #04-07/08/09

Monday to Friday 11am - 9.30pm
Saturday to Sunday 10.30am - 9.30pm

Contact: 6884-7757 or 6884-7767

Quote my name to get 10% off your first visit
Subsequently you can sign up as a Salon Vim member to get 15% off each visit :)


8 comments on "Salon Vim"
  1. your hair and make up are amazing! great look! the black dress is super pretty!
    great pictures :)
    have a nice day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same headband in black and hot pink :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Your hair looks amazing like that! In my opinion the straight and sleek look works for you - I have naturally curly hair so I think hairstyles like that are absolutely lovely :) x

    Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Your hair colour is very nice !
    may I know what colour ?:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purple gradient hair is too awesome ! <3 Can't wait to see you in funky colours hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:42 AM

    what eyeliner did you use? =)

    ReplyDelete